What type of Marine Survey do I need? | FAQs | Maritime Survey Australia


What type of Marine Survey do I need?

If you are building a vessel you will require an initial survey. If the vessel has a current certificate of survey then you will require a periodic vessel survey.

If you are looking to buy a boat a Full Pre-Purchase Condition Survey is the most appropriate type of survey. You may also require an external hull Inspections or partial condition survey, the former is also known as an osmosis check when applied to a GRP vessel. Although these surveys may be less expensive it is very important that the scope and limitations of this type of survey are clearly established and understood before proceeding.