Andrew is an AMSA accredited Marine Surveyor, Tasmania based. He is also a Marine Engineer and a member of AIMPE.
As a qualified Marine Engineer, Andrew has more than 15 year’s seagoing experience. Andrew has worked on a variety of vessels including tankers, fast ferries, offshore oil and gas platforms, tug boats and a 60m private yacht. During his time as a qualified marine engineer, he has served in the positions of Chief Engineer, Superintendent and as an Owner’s Technical Representative for the build of a 33m hybrid drive cruise vessel.
Andrew has an additional 7 year’s experience working as a Marine Surveyor with Marine and Safety Tasmania, surveying a large range of commercial vessels around the state in order to ensure their compliance with the National Standard for Commercial Vessels.
Prior to joining Maritime Survey Australia, Andrew worked for Van Diemen Luxury Craft as Principal Designer and Project Manager, which saw him oversee the development of custom boat designs, ensuring they meet all the necessary criteria for commercial survey. Andrew continues to work as a boat builder and designer with experience in composites and aluminium.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—load line conditions and markings
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic survey—load line
- Survey of safety equipment