David is an AMSA accredited Marine Surveyor, New South Wales based. His is also a Naval Architect with qualifications in BEng(Hons), CEng, MRINA, MIEAust, CPEng, and NER. David is also a member of EA, RINA and the Engineering Council (UK).
David is based in Sydney and provides Naval Architecture consultancy and Marine Survey Services in NSW and throughout Australia.
David is an experienced Naval Architect and Marine Surveyor with over 15 years experience in the marine industry in Defence, Oil and Gas, and commercial shipping sectors. He is a chartered Engineer, member of Engineers Australia and the Royal Institute of Naval Architects, and an AMSA accredited Marine Surveyor.
Following graduation he joined QinetiQ’s Strategic Research Facilities department as a hydrodynamic trials manager, then in 2006 took a facility management post and was responsible for managing a hydrodynamics research facility for 2 years before moving to work for the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering group as a Naval Architect working on hydrodynamic performance, static and dynamic stability and concept design projects.
David then joined the LOC Group in 2013, initially working in Aberdeen as a Naval Architect providing marine warranty services and engineering consultancy to the offshore industry before transferring to LOC’s Sydney office in 2016 to provide Naval Architecture and AMSA DCV survey services. David joined Maritime Survey Australia (MSA) in 2019 and continues to provide Naval Architecture consultancy and AMSA DCV survey services to the commercial marine industry.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—plan approval
- Initial survey—stability approval
- Initial survey—load line—assignment
- Initial survey—electrical—extra low voltage
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—load line conditions and markings
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic survey—load line
- Survey of safety equipment