Isi Lyons comes from a Naval Architecture background with 9 years working in the Australian Dept of Defence, New Zealand navy, Maritime New Zealand, and various engineering contractors (e.g. Tenix) on navy projects for the Dept of Defence. Isi holds qualifications in Naval Architecture (B.Eng), Coxswain and is a Marine Engine Driver Grade 3. Isi is also a member of RINA and IIMS.
As an AMSA accredited private marine surveyor, Isi provides Marine Survey and Consulting Services to Australian Domestic Commercial Vessels in accordance with the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV).
Isi also provides Compass Adjustment Services (as an AMSA Licensed Compass Adjuster) for Domestic Commercial Vessels in accordance with the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) Part C, Section 7, sub-section 7C.
Isi Lyons spent the the 10 years previous to MSA, working as an AMSA accredited marine surveyor for the state government at Maritime Safety Victoria. Isi is an AMSA accredited vessel compass adjuster and holds a Coxswain and Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 qualification.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—plan approval
- Initial survey—stability approval
- Initial survey—load line—assignment
- Initial survey—electrical—extra low voltage
- Initial survey—electrical—low voltage
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—load line conditions and markings
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic survey—electrical
- Periodic survey—load line
- Survey of safety equipment
- Survey of communications equipment