Kieran Torti is a marine surveyor throughout southeast Queensland and the Gold Coast, ensuring the surveying requirements of Queensland-based vessels are professionally met. Kieran holds qualifications in Marine Engineer Class II AMSA CoC. ID:120628 and is an associate member of AIMS.
Whilst having been a member of the Maritime Survey Australia team for a number of years, Kieran became a full-time Queensland-based marine surveyor for the company in 2021.
Previous to his work at Maritime Survey Australia, Kieran spent 8 years as a marine engineer for the Australian Border Force, where he maintained and collaborated with stakeholders to ensure vessels were operational. He was also a training facilitator for new Border Force cadets.
As a conscientious marine surveyor and engineer, Kieran is passionate about creating a healthy and sustainable maritime environment – ensuring vessels operate in ways which least affect the marine environment.
Kieran works hard to keep your vessels safe for crew, passengers and the environment. He is driven to create successful, trusting relationships with clients, internal and external stakeholders and industry associations.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—electrical—extra low voltage
- Initial survey- construction or
- Alteration- Hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic Load Line Survey
- Survey of safety equipment