Ships and operators with a record of poor performance can be banned from entering or…
New Build & Refit Project ManagementMaritime Survey Australia consultants have expertise in the oversight of new-build projects.
In particular the following:
- Extensive experience of Standards and Classification Society requirements, including personnel previously employed by class and government as managers and surveyors;
- Extensive experience in the building of complex vessels in shipyards worldwide and ensuring compliance with Owners expectations with respect to quality and operability;
- Marine Engineers with experience of the installation and commissioning complex engineering systems;
- Negotiation of and management of variations to contract;
- Established relationships with commercial vessel and super yacht builders;
- Providing assistance to ensure contractual performance by the yard including re-negotiations and declarations of options where appropriate.
A vessel build project, from initial ideas through detailing and construction to launch, is a considerable and complex project involving many parties and countless decisions. The dedicated MSA team will work closely with the owner or their representative to ensure the project meets expectations.
MSA will help reach key objectives to simplify the process for you, protect your interests and deliver a vessel that fully meets your expectations. From reviewing of initial documents, plans, budgets and risk analysis, through to ensuring compliance and quality control throughout the build process, finalising operational procedures and ensuring all warranty procedures are dealt with, MSA will support you every step of the way.
MSA has several vessels currently under construction or under refit in various locations in Australia and around the world. Not all of them can be mentioned for confidentiality reasons, however, some examples of current projects include:
- 35m Research Vessel – due for completion November 2017
- 16m Aluminum workboat – due for completion December 2017
- 8m Fishing Vessel – due for completion December 2017