Mick Uberti is an AMSA accredited Marine Surveyor and Marine Engineer Australia. Mick holds qualifications as an Australian Engineer Class 3 STCW, United Kingdom Class 2 MCA and Dip Marine Surveying IIMS. He is also a member of IIMS, IMarEST & MECAL.
Mick is a Marine Engineer with 8 years seagoing experience followed by 9 years as a Surveyor with government regulator. ISO9001 and ISM audit and management experience with Ocean Time Marine. Engineer on MV Jamaica Bay since 2006 for crossings and yard periods.
Conducts inspections, surveys or examinations of vessels to assess, monitor and report on their condition and the equipment and machinery on them. Provide accurate and expert technical advice to ensure the vessels remain in compliance with USL / NSCV, Class and IMO requirements.
Australian Engineer Class 3 STCW United Kingdom Class 2 MCA Has worked on a number of vessel projects, working with and leading contractor and yard staff to deliver engineering projects within budgetary targets.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—plan approval
- Initial survey—stability approval
- Initial survey—load line—assignment
- Initial survey—electrical—extra low voltage
- Initial survey—electrical—low voltage
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—load line conditions and markings
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic survey—electrical
- Periodic survey—load line
- Survey of safety equipment
- Survey of communications equipment