Previous to MSA, Thom was Naval Architecture (B.Eng) and Marine Surveyor with 5 years experience with Farstad Shipping – working in the company’s technical department – involved in capital upgrades and drydocking and maintenance of the company’s fleet of 27 vessels.
Thom gained his Marine surveyor experience from time with government regulators – conducting initial and periodic surveys for a period of 2 years. He also has 2 year’s design office experience with Austal Ships – a large aluminum ship builder based in Western Australia.
Current AMSA Accreditations:
- Initial survey—plan approval
- Initial survey—stability approval
- Initial survey—load line—assignment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—hull, deck and superstructure
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—machinery
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—load line conditions and markings
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—equipment
- Initial survey—construction or alteration—commissioning
- Periodic survey
- Periodic survey—load line
- Survey of safety equipment
- Survey of communications equipment